In this blog post, Jamie Arnold shares some of the lessons learned and benefits of scaling Agile at the Government Digital Service. It is a presentation about how to scale agile from one team of 12 people to 140 people and 14 teams.
The most important lesson learned in this project is that the foundation of success is people that are agile with agile: a working culture that values its people and embraces experimentation is essential to success. Other lessons are
* avoid over-committing during growth
* don’t mess with agile team structures
* do stand-up of stand-ups to keep direct communication flowing
* monitor progress with independent data from your agile teams
* use Kanban to manage your portfolio
The benefits achieved were more productivity, better quality product and faster delivery.